Are you still dealing with files and papers in the world of advanced technology? Organizing the financial data and employee records manually can be real-time and energy consuming, then why not get your hand on the online helping hand? QuickBooks, by Intuit, being the best accounting software, can help you manage your company’s finance and file your tax returns in an organized manner. It being favoured by millions due to its unmatchable features. But do you think there is any software that works without any glitch? That can be a myth. There are times when one needs to send QuickBooks details via email to everyone. While using the webmail in the QuickBooks Desktop, there is a possibility that you might face “QuickBooks couldn’t connect to the email server” issue. There are multiple reasons for this error to occur. In order to get out of it, you can either follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps. Or, in case of the quick assistance, you can also get in touch with the experts at the QuickBooks customer support number as they are there to assist you 24*7.
Before getting into the solution of this error, let’s have a look at the causes of this error in QuickBooks –
- Poor internet connection
- Improper setting configuration
- Entered incorrect ID or password while logging in
- Outdated QuickBooks Software
- Damaged outlook application
- Wrong settings of Internet Explorer
- Documents related to QuickBooks has been damaged
Solutions to fix ‘QuickBooks couldn’t connect to email server’ issue –
Solution 1: Start with updating the latest release
- Go to ‘Update to the recent/latest Release page.’
- Make sure your product is selected. If not, click on ‘change link’ and choose the required QuickBooks product.
- Now, click on the ‘Update’ button in order to download the updated file.
- Lastly, click on ‘Setup Automatic Updates’ in order to check how to set QuickBooks automatically and download or install the latest updates.
Solution 2: Keep a check on the settings of the WebMail preferences
- Click on ‘Preferences’ in the QuickBooks ‘Edit’ menu.
- Now, in the ‘Left Pane,’ tap on ‘Send Forms.’
- Then, in the ‘My Preferences’ window, choose the email account you are using and click on ‘Edit.’
- You will be shown an ‘Edit Email Information Screen.’
- Navigate to the STMP server details section and fix the server name.
- And finally, port the ‘Email Provider’ settings.
Solution 3: Reset the Internet Explorer settings to the default option
- Open the ‘Internet Explorer’ and press Alt+T or the ‘Gear’ icon to open the ‘Tool’ menu.
- Now, click on internet options.
- You can even scroll to the ‘Advanced Settings’ tab and click on the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ option.
- Then, press ‘OK’ and shut down the browser.
In order to be out of this issue, you need to follow these above-mentioned troubleshooting steps properly. And in case you aren’t able to resolve the issue or get stuck somewhere in between, you can anytime get on a call with the expert techies at the QuickBooks phone number and ask for further assistance. They are trained and qualified to deliver you quick and reasonable advice at any time anywhere.